Monday, August 24, 2020

New Rhythm

Today I started my new job... it was nothing fancy; some HR forms, a mildly tragic vacation policy overview, the start of the training webinars and a skype introduction to the people I'll be working with. But you know what *is* fancy? The absence of panic. The body language of ease and a tone of voice that invites you in rather than pushes you forward. I hope that work is productive and meaningful, and that I get to have a positive impact on people who are doing what can feel like a very intimidating thing. I know that I'll get busy and there will be days I'll forget to eat lunch - there always are. But for the first time in a *long* time, I felt hope today with regards to my work. I felt like maybe there is a balance that can be struck, and hard, happy work that can be done. I can't express how foreign that feeling is, and how relieving. 

On Friday I had two friends over who both work in my field, and one of them said to me, "You know God looks after babies and fools!" I laughed out loud, but I do feel that today. God is looking out for this fool, making a way where I had resigned myself to there being none, for no other reason but Their own happiness at having my back. B always says that we just need to follow The Path... we might not know where it will lead, but it's going somewhere good. He has a lot of faith in that, developed over many years of The Path being a hot, terrible mess but then ending up somewhere good. I guess he's a fool, too, being looked after. We are lucky fools together. 

Happy Monday to you, friends. I hope you have a taste of some of the goodness of life today. 

No comments: