Friday, July 04, 2008

follow up...


oh. my. gosh.

everyone left for the day (my inlaws are here) and i was on my own for lunch. and the perogies spoke to me from the freezer.... "eat us.... eat us..." it's been over 4 years since the oniony, buttery, fried goodness of a perogy filled my senses.... the smell of them frying in the pan, the hot(!!) cheese & potato filling burning my tongue, the crisp outside and smooth inside... i savored every bite. and could have eaten dozens of them... but i restrained myself to 7. i told my brother, vincent, i'd share a couple with him, and it's important to me to keep my word, but i am strongly considering hanging him out to dry. either that, or i need to find a perogy smuggler...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I went to Ohio this weekend and went to Babushka's Polish Restaurant. They make fresh perogize and so we bought a dozen- half swiss and mushroom, half potato and cheddar. They are HUGE! And they said they will be shipping soon. . . I will let you know when that happens!

Marilyn said...

oh... that is a picture worth a thousand words... I could eat them now

Anonymous said...

You hang me out to dry, I will hang you up by your toenails.