Monday, September 08, 2008

moody monday

i am not a patient girl, and there is much that is "going slowly" and "slow going" in my life these days. i try to put one foot in front of the other, but my heart is not entirely in it. so if my blog also seems slow, i ask for your indulgence.

for now, i leave you with this from my current reading.

"... Almighty God, are you true?

when you are standing up to your neck in darkness, how do you say yes to that question? you say yes, i suppose, the only way faith can ever say it if it is honest with itself. you say yes with your fingers crossed. you say it with your heart in your mouth. maybe that's the way we can say yes."

5 comments:

Annie said...

That to me is faith, choosing in the hardest moments to believe that which we cannot.

Love you!

Sarah said...

Your blog IS slow. It took me like 5 minutes just to read that last post. Hmmm.... I like the quote tho.

syrinx said...

You say yes with your heart in your mouth.

Indeed, Rachel! And then I just imagine God is swamped right now (though Nikki insists he's teaching me patience!).

Marilyn said...

You know what Rae? You don't even have to say yes. You can just be. Your being is very much full of faith.

Heather said...

fingers crossed-good.