Wednesday, August 15, 2007

a blessing & a curse

last night my friend, sarah, and i walked from my house to kroger (about 2 miles one way). i stuck my bank card in my pocket so i could pick up a couple of bottles of wine for a dinner party i'm having tonight... figured i'd save myself a trip out today. so i go to pay for said wine, and the cashier asks for i.d. i only had my bank card, no wallet, no i.d. they refused to sell it to me. they said i looked "young". now on the one hand, sort of flattering, right? but on the other, i am an entire DECADE past 21...there is no way i look less than 21! i would even give you mid-twenties, but .... come on! what the heck! i was so frustrated...poor sarah! at every break in our conversation on the way home i broke into venting at lame & stupid kroger. *sigh* so now i have to load up The Girls (who are both in their rooms on "break" for fighting right now) and take them k-roger... i frankly, i just don't have the patience. but i also don't have the choice. of course, i could forget the wine, but that's no fun at all! :)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oy--never good to see a post called "a blessing and a curse" start out with your name! :) But you didnt really complain as much as you should have--I think you have to actually be of advanced age for the flattery to outweigh the retardedness of it all...

111 said...

thanks for "being on my team"!! :)

Anonymous said...

might as well skip the wine--it will be a lame party anyway. My invite must have gotten lost in the mail, i guess. Oh well, I'll stay home alone--at least I have wine!

111 said...

wow. nice to have your comment here. cheery, really.

Anonymous said...

You are young, but I think the sales person/cashier is a slight bit over-sensitive to the age issue. Just see it as a huge compliment.....yah right!!

jdhall said...

I guess it goes without saying that Sarah had left her ID at home too? Come to think of it... Sarah... are you even 21 yet? ;-)

Sarah said...

Don't make me hurt you, JD. Although, I dont want to have to take a "break" from The Porch for fighting, so you are safe. For now...

Anonymous said...

They are required to card anyone 40 and under these days...