- www.suubiafrica.org - 100% hand-rolled paper, made in uganda, these pieces provide consistent income for ugandan families. styles for men & women!
- www.uncommongoods.com - there's a lot to choose from here, but these are reclaimed tin ceiling tiles made into gorgeous photo frames. this is a fun site to cruise!
- www.wishingfish.com - another site that offers so much! but this 'apple-tree-to-be' kit is fabulous!
- the ethical travel guide - with the big idea that tourism should always benefit local people, this guide has resources for 60+ destinations.
- www.lumens.com - an 80 page sketchbook that has 4x6 cutouts in the center to accomodate pictures! for the artist you love...
- www.thegreenloop.com - a watch made from recycled footballs! go team!
- www.sourcingmap.com - a very cool wooden LED alarm clock! i have no idea how it works, really, but it is very interesting!
- www.simpleshoes.com - (thanks, mamie, for the idea!) these are eco-friendly & vegan shoes - super cute, super friendly for the world! made from a variety of materials, ranging from recycled inner tubes, bike tires and milk bottles, to felts, organic cotton & coconut!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
a week to make a difference!
in the upcoming spirit of christmas, for the next week i will posting lists of unique, eco-friendly, fair-trade or sustainable gift ideas! woot! check them out - i promise something for everyone, and something for every budget! it's my christmas present to you! :)