Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"onslaught"

watch this - as a woman & a mom of girls, it's an eye opener. it reminds me of an article i read recently by a woman who wondered when we turned being a woman into a disease - pointing to many of the medical "advances" designed to supress or drastically change many of the natural rhythms of a woman's body & life. just food for thought.

speaking of my girls, upon learning that each taste bud can basically taste one of 5 things - salty, sweet, savory, sour & bitter - Meg said, "What if water does have a taste, but we just don't have the taste bud for it?" now THAT'S thinking outside the box!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is deep! Seriously! And yet at the same time, I find flashing through my mind the scene from Finding Nemo when Marlin is rubbing himself against the whale's big taste bud...

jdhall said...

I usually worry more about water that I can taste...

And this post reminds me of the "what if the sky looks blue to me but to you it looks green which you call blue..." conversation.

Annie said...

I love Meg's brain!!