Friday, January 02, 2009

i think i created a monster

i took kyra to the mall tonight with her birthday money. my goals for the night were to have a great "girl" time, and to help her begin to find her own style, while keeping things modest and cute. and oh my gosh did we have great success!! she had $50 from her gramma, and spent $45 while saving $115! (you go, jc penny!) but the most fun for both of us were her first pair of heels. she lit up like a christmas tree, people! take a peek...OH. MY. GOSH. not to mention they were regular $50 and she got them for $14!! and then she wore them, blushing the whole time with glee, as we went to a couple more stores and finally kroger, clomping away, trying to learn how to manage her gait in them. it was glorious!! and, she loves them. who wouldn't?? best $14 she may ever spend. :)

happy birthday, baby!


8 comments:

Light said...

I'm not a big shoe person...but I must admit those are cute! Sounds like a fabulous time!

Shawna said...

Fabulous!!! Happy Birthday Kyra! Great pic!

Sarah said...

She doesn't by any chance wear a woman's 10, does she? nice....

Krissi said...

I remember when DSW came to the Portland area and I discovered shoes could be brand new AND discounted. I was, needless to say, devastated when I learned that the nearest DSW to Wilmore is in Cincinnati. I bought a pair of shoes over break when I learned there was a DSW in the shopping center where we stopped to get internet access. I'm very pleased with my shoes. You're daughter did well. Those are cute.

Mrs. Cooper said...

Happy birthday Kyra!

Breezy said...

I see she has her mother's taste for shoes =) Do those shoes come in big girl sizes? Sounds like you guys had a blast (I'll admit it made me teary even though I don't know you all that well...but the past 2 episodes of the Brady Bunch have made me tear up too-yes, I'm watching the Brady Bunch). Happy Birthday Kyra!!

111 said...

oh, those are big girl sized, to the tune of EIGHT AND A HALF!!!

*marissa* said...

cute cute cute!!!! happy birthday kyra!!